Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 16, 2012

The Year that was 2011: The Home Stretch!!!

And so we come to the final act....................

September



Well rehearsals were in full swing for Blood Brothers. The show is about the story of twin boys separated at birth. "Blood Brothers is a dark but lyrical drama set in Northern England . Love ,class and conflict all drive a powerful entertaining Musical." It has some beautiful and memorable music. My favourite song to perform was "Kids Game" and one of my favourite songs from the show is Easy Terms. It is such an emotional song!! There was many a rehearsal and performance where tears were shed in the final act!!





My brother Ryan also celebrated his 17th Birthday. I can't believe my baby brother is going to be 18 this year!!!

October
The Blood Brothers season ran from October 7th - 22nd so it took up a lot of my free time this month. I had an awesome time and got to know some really wonderful people who I can't wait to work with in the future.


Carolyn, Carina & I



Jane, Carina, Dani, & I



Here we are all dressed and ready for the "Kids Game" song. It was sooooo much fun to play a 7 year old!!!
"Ok men lets get him with a hand granade." "Let's see em try n get out of this"
The guys........seems there was never a dull moment in their dressing room!!!













Relaxing at the closing night party.    



 I also had my first singing lesson with the extremely accomplished Jane Edwards. She is a former Lecturer in Voice at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music and talented soloist in her own right. Her specialty lies in early music, particularly of the Baroque era. She has taught numerous students who have competed in major singing competitions around the world. She also features on the Soundtrack to the movie Shine which is an awesome achievement in my book alone. She is a lovely and encouraging person to work with & I look forward to many wonderful singing lessons with her this year. 

If October wasn't busy enough, I finally completed my Certificate 3 in Community Pharmacy. This was the culmination of two years of hard work but it is worth every bit of it. The good thing is it adds another qualification to my name and gives me greater options in the Pharmacy industry. 


November
This was the month of dedication to the choir I sing with: Right on Cue. We had two BIG Performances this month with the Right on Cue end of year concert/Devonport Choral Society 60th Anniversary combined Concert and the Launceston Empty Stocking Appeal Concert with local Choir Vox Harmony.


This was a wonderful evening of song and reminicing from the past 50 years of the Choral Society's public performance. Among the featured solists from the past 10 years of shows were:
Brett Budgeon (Footloose and Urinetown)
Denise Sam (Cabaret)
Chloe Harris (Camelot)
Shayne Lowe (Into the Woods)
Laura Budgeon (The Secret Garden and Urinetown)
and
Carolyn Harris (The Secret Garden)


We have some amazing talent from the North West Coast and Northern Tasmania and it is a pleasure to be involved with such a calibre of Talent.
I also undertook my first Stage Managering role for the concert and it was a very interesting experience to say the least!!

The following day saw the Choir travel to Launceston for the Empty Stocking Appeal Concert. It was a very long weekend but lots of fun none the less!!

December
Well the Christmas period had finally begun!!!! The Devonport Choral Society entered in the Devonport Christmas Parade featuring costumes from varioius previous shows the Society has staged. We took 2nd Place for Best Costume!!!




The Choir also sang as part of the Christmas Tree Light up later that evening.


It was also miss Darcey Saphira's 3rd Birthday. She was deffinitly spoiled this year with lots of exciting presents!! She also had an amazing brithday cake made by her Mum, Jay. For those who are friends with Jay on Facebook you can see her amazing creations in her photo albums.


The Choir also sang at the Ulverstone Carols of which I made by Choir Conducting Debeut as out choir director flew out for England the day before. It was a stressful but fun experience. Don't know that I want to do it again but I'm sure I will give it another crack!!! I think Petrina will make sure that happens!!


Finally Christmas came around and it was a lovely, relaxing couple of days with the family!! Christmas is my favourite time of the year particularly as our family comes together to celebrate and share some wonderful food!! I also love watching Carols by Candlelight on Christmas Eve. It is a tradition my mother started as she watched them for the time she was a little girl. It is a tradition she has passed on to us and one I would like to pass on to my family!! I would love to attend in person one year but we will see if that comes to pass!!


Well what a whirlwind year 2011 was!!! I cannot believe how much I fit into one year!!! I look forward to what 2012 holds for myself and my family and friends but it is an exciting adventure I can hardly wait to experience. I have many wonderful events awaiting me this year and I can't wait to share some of them with you!!

2 comments:

  1. I love the soundtrack to Shine. Is it Jane Edwards who sings Nulla in Mundo Pax Sincera? That's my favourite track on the album!
    Thanks for the big catch up post by the way!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well weren't we just the little busy bee.

    ReplyDelete